Father’s Day gives us the opportunity to celebrate the dads in our lives and honor all that they do. As caretakers and role models, fathers do so much that it might seem impossible to condense it all into a Father’s Day text.
With so many ways to celebrate our fathers, you’re probably looking to do more than send a simple “Happy Father’s Day” text. We’ve compiled 70 Father’s Day text messages to inspire you to send a thoughtful message to your father, whether you want to come off as silly or sincere.
Happy Father’s Day Text Messages for Your Dad
Get started with a collection of Father’s Day text messages to celebrate your dad. These examples can be easily adapted for a personalized card or a social media post.
- Happy Father’s Day from your favorite child! (You know it’s true.)
- To the world’s greatest dad — Happy Father’s Day! With love from the world’s greatest kids.
- In honor of Father’s Day, you can tell as many dad jokes as you’d like.
- Dear Dad, I love you more than my smartphone. Happy Father’s Day!
- Happy Father’s Day! Today is all about you, so enjoy it while you can because tomorrow it’ll all be over.
- We’ve all heard that real heroes don’t wear capes — they make bad puns. Thanks for being the real hero in our lives, Dad.
- Finding the perfect Father’s Day gift is so tricky … So I just decided to send you this message instead. Happy Father’s Day!
- Let’s be real: if it weren’t for me, you wouldn’t even have this special day. Happy Father’s Day!
- Thank you for teaching me all that I know — including some things I would probably remember if I’d paid more attention. Happy Father’s Day!
- Sending you lots of love on Father’s Day — I hope it makes up for all the gray hairs I’ve given you!
- Every year, I discover more to appreciate about having such a great dad. I love you so much, dad. Happy Father’s Day!
- Dad, you’ve given me so much in life: your time, care, love, and attention. I’m so grateful to have an amazing dad like you. Happy Father’s Day!
- I’m so lucky to have a dad like you — I don’t know if anyone else could have put up with me for so long. Love you, Dad, and Happy Father’s Day!
- To the first person I think of when I have a question or need advice — thank you for always being there for me. Happy Father’s Day!
- Happy Father’s Day to my role model and lifelong hero. Thank you for everything you do to support our family. We love you so much!
- Happy Father’s Day! Thank you for all the joy and love you bring into our lives. Enjoy your special day!
- Whenever I failed, you were always there to help me up and encourage me to try again. I wouldn’t be where I am today without you. Happy Father’s Day!
- Not a day goes by that I’m not forever grateful to have a dad like you. Thank you for everything you’ve done for me. Happy Father’s Day!
- It’s that time of year when everyone says they have the best dad in the world. But they can’t be right because I really do have the best dad in the world! Happy Father’s Day!
- It’s impossible to say thank you for all the sacrifices you’ve made for our family, but this is a great start. I’m so grateful to have you in my life, Dad. Happy Father’s Day!
- I’m so lucky to have you as my dad. Thank you for being the most amazing father, this year and every year. Happy Father’s Day!
- To my wonderful father: Thank you for always putting me on the right path and guiding me in the right direction. I love you so much, and Happy Father’s Day!
- You’ve never failed to put our family first, so step aside and let us take over for the day. Happy Father’s Day!
- Thank you for all that you do to provide for us. I hope you have a wonderful Father’s Day!
- Thank you for everything you’ve given me. There’s no dad out there like you. Happy Father’s Day!
- Dad, you’ve always been there for me and our family. I want you to know that I’m there for you too, through thick and thin. I love you so much. Happy Father’s Day!
- I’m so blessed to have such an amazing dad like you! Happy Father’s Day!
- When I count my blessings, I always count you twice. Happy Father’s Day to the most amazing dad!
- God gave me such a gift when he gave you to me as a father. Thank you for all that you do for me. Happy Father’s Day!
- Children's children are a crown to the aged, and parents are the pride of their children. Proverbs 17:6
Father’s Day Text Messages for Your Stepdad
Even if you aren’t related by blood, a stepfather is an important relationship in your life. If your stepdad has been a big part of your life, take the time to send him a thoughtful Father’s Day text.
- You didn’t have to be my dad, but you chose to be — and that means the world to me. Happy Father’s Day!
- When I needed a dad, you stepped up and gave me all the love and support. Thank you for doing so much for me. Happy Father’s Day!
- You might not be my father, but you’ll always be my dad. Happy Father’s Day!
- Anyone can be a father, but it takes an amazing person to step up and be a dad. Happy Father’s Day!
- You raised us with so much love, and we were always proud to call you Dad. Sending all my love, today and always. Happy Father’s Day!
Father’s Day Text Messages if the Relationship is Complicated
No relationship is perfect, but it can be difficult to send the right Father’s Day text when you’re not sure what to say. Check out these examples:
- Just wanted to let you know you’re on my mind this Father’s Day.
- Even if things are complicated between us, I’m still grateful for the dad you are.
- I know it wasn’t always easy to be the dad you wanted to be, but I’ll always be thankful that you did the best you could.
- Thinking of you and remembering the good times we shared.
- I hope you feel honored and appreciated this Father’s Day.
Father’s Day Text Messages if You Can’t Be Together
Sometimes we can’t be there in person to celebrate Father’s Day with the people who matter most. Consider these Father’s Day text messages to show your appreciation.
- I miss being with you on Father’s Day, but I hope you’re having the best day.
- Even if we aren’t spending the day together, I know we’re always connected, no matter the distance.
- Near or far, I’m so grateful for my amazing dad.
- Happy Father’s Day from afar to the best dad ever. Miss you!
- Sending my love and gratitude across the distance to the greatest dad.
- I wish I could be there in person to remind you how much I love and appreciate you, Dad.
Father’s Day Text Messages for Your Brother or Friend
Many of your siblings and friends are probably parents too, so don’t forget to celebrate them with a thoughtful Father’s Day text this year.
- I always knew you’d be a great dad someday. Happy Father’s Day!
- Wishing a wonderful day to the dad of my favorite nieces and nephews.
- You’re an amazing dad and a wonderful friend. Have an awesome Father’s Day!
- I’m so proud of the amazing father you’ve become!
- Your kids are the best — all thanks to their amazing dad! You’re doing a great job!
Father’s Day Text Messages for Your Spouse
Here are some special Father’s Day texts to send to your husband, partner, or spouse to celebrate and honor them.
- Thank you for everything you do for our family — we’re lucky to have you!
- You’re an amazing husband and an even better father. Happy Father’s Day!
- Happy Father’s Day to the father of our beautiful children, my wonderful husband, and the love of my life.
- Thank you for devoting your life to our family and being the best father, husband, and provider we could imagine.
- The only thing better than having you as my husband is that our children get to have you as their dad. Happy Father’s Day!
- To the world’s greatest husband and father — Happy Father’s Day!
- Our kids think you’re a rockstar — and they’re not wrong! Happy Father’s Day
- So glad we’re on this crazy ride together. Happy Father’s Day!
- You’ve been an amazing role model to our kids. Thanks for being such a wonderful father. I love you so much!
Father’s Day Text Messages for Someone Who Is Like a Father to You
For the godfather, uncle, grandfather, or other father figure in your life, here are some things to write in a Father’s Day text to celebrate them too:
- Thinking of you on Father’s Day — I’m so grateful that we’re family!
- Thank you for being such an important influence in my life!
- You’ve been like a father to me so I wanted to take a moment to thank you for the love and support you’ve given me. Happy Father’s Day!
- Thanks for everything you’ve done for me! You’re an amazing godfather.
- I’m so grateful to have you as my mentor in life, you’ve done so much to help me grow!
- You’ve always gone above and beyond to celebrate the important moments in my life, so I’d like to celebrate you this Father’s Day!
- I appreciate how you’ve been such a positive, caring influence in my life. I’m extra grateful for you this Father’s Day!
- I don’t know where I would be without your wisdom and guidance. Happy Father’s Day!
- I hope it’s not a surprise that I’m thinking of you this Father’s Day — after all, you’ve cared for me almost like a father!
- Thank you for being such a great role model, and Happy Father’s Day!
11 Ways to Sign Your Message
Here are a few ways to end your “Happy Father’s Day” texts:
- All my love,
- Lots of love,
- Love always,
- Hoping you’re well,
- With much love and admiration,
- With deepest gratitude,
- With heartfelt thanks,
- Warmest wishes,
- All the best,
- Celebrating you today and always,
Sending a “Happy Father’s Day” text message is a quick and simple way to show appreciation to all the dads, uncles, grandfathers, father figures, and mentors in your life. Feel free to get creative and personalize these examples with a special memory or an inside joke you share!
For additional holiday templates, check out our Heartwarming Christmas Text Messages.