MMS marketing campaigns are a fun and effective way to get customers excited about your products and services. If you’ve only sent SMS marketing campaigns previously, it may be time to dip your toes into MMS messaging waters!
Today we’ll dive into a few creative MMS marketing examples to inspire your next campaign.
Review: How Are MMS and SMS Different?
MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) and SMS (Short Message Service) are two ways to send business text messages to mobile devices.
Both MMS and SMS differ from personal text messaging. They enable businesses to send bulk text messages faster and more cost-effectively than individual messages.
These are some of the key features of MMS marketing:
- Supported Media: MMS messaging allows you to embed rich media (images, photos, audio files, brief video clips, GIFs and emojis).
- Character Limits: MMS allows you to use up to 1,600 characters and file sizes up to 500 KB of data -- roughly equivalent to a 30-second video or audio clip.
- Cost: MMS messaging generally costs more than SMS because of MMS’s increased data transmission. However, with conversion rates as high as 30%, the higher cost is often worth it.
- Branding: MMS campaigns provide increased brand recognition and awareness thanks to the use of visual design.
Inspiring Ways to Use MMS Marketing
If you’re ready to start designing an MMS marketing campaign, great! Here are some creative ways companies have used MMS to generate revenue.
1. Promote Products via MMS
In 2015, Starbucks created an SMS promotion campaign to sell their Pumpkin Spice Latte (PSL) beverage. Starbucks tweeted an invitation to create a “PSLFanPass” on their website. Then they asked customers to enter their phone number to receive an MMS text message “pass” that reserved a beverage for them. A unique number was assigned to each pass to avoid coupon sharing and fraud. Genius.
2. Invite People to an Event
Are you holding a special event? Ensure your message doesn’t get lost in the shuffle by attaching an image to catch your customers’ attention. If you lack design skills, just remember that MMS messages automatically garner more attention than plain text messages.
3. Send Enticing Special Offers
If you’re trying to generate interest for your restaurant, remember: The eye buys. Including mouth-watering pictures of food in your MMS text is a sure-fire way to get attention from loyal and potential customers.
4. Delight Customers With MMS Coupons
Who doesn’t love a good coupon, especially when you’re already out and about? Using MMS messaging for coupon awareness and distribution is a no-brainer.
5. Generate Fundraising Buzz
If you operate a non-profit organization, you know that getting the word out about fundraising efforts is a priority. Make donating easy by including a link to your website to facilitate text-to-donate campaigns.
More Creative Ways to Use MMS
When you want to break through the noise and capture your audience’s attention in a creative way, MMS is the way to go.
MMS is ideal for all sorts of creative messages, including:
- Promotions: Scannable coupons, discounts and sales
- Videos: How-tos, promotional trailers
- Animated cards: Birthdays, holidays and thank you cards
- Invitations: Fundraisers, store openings, special events
Use Textedly For Your MMS Marketing Campaigns Now
Are you eager to get started using MMS for your mobile marketing campaigns? With Textedly, text messaging marketing has never been easier.
Use Textedly to:
- Send text & picture messages
- Measure results & improve future campaigns
- Communicate with customers quickly & easily
Find out why Textedly is the easiest way to send 10 or 100,000 bulk MMS and SMS mobile text messages -- instantly. Get started today with a FREE 14-day trial!