When people are on the hunt for the best pizzeria or a trustworthy auto repair shop, they likely start their search with star ratings and customer reviews. These online reviews act as digital word-of-mouth marketing, an especially potent advertisement for those new to the neighborhood.
For businesses eyeing that top spot in local SEO, Google Business reviews are key. With this in mind, the objective becomes clear: multiply those reviews and simplify the process for customers to share their positive experiences.
Enter QR codes—the tool for two birds with one scan. But what are QR codes and how can your business leverage this powerful tool to get more reviews?
This guide will show you how to create a QR code for Google reviews.
What Are QR Codes?
Even if you’re unfamiliar with the term QR code, you've likely encountered and used them before—perhaps at a restaurant for menu access or even on clothing labels. You simply aim your phone camera at them, and voilà, a clickable link appears on your screen, granting you direct access to information or redirection to a specified site.
Quick Response (QR) codes are the modern counterpart to the standard barcodes you'd find on groceries. While both utilize optical patterns to encode information, their design has a distinct difference. Unlike the traditional barcode, which is read from top to bottom, QR codes are designed for multi-directional scanning. This means they can be read both horizontally and vertically, granting them the capability to hold a vast amount of data—up to 4,000 characters—allowing for:
- Hyperlinks to review sites
- SMS message sign-ups
- Contact information
- Calendar entries
For businesses—especially those seeking reviews—QR codes are a game-changer.
This frictionless tech effortlessly bridges customers to feedback platforms, facilitating immediate responses and engagement. In essence, QR codes make it as painless as possible for patrons to share their experiences, which is the secret recipe for companies seeking to enhance their digital reputation and footprint. And this is just one of the many benefits of using QR codes in your marketing strategy.
How to Get a QR Code for Google Review
Now, to the brass tacks. Here’s a step-by-step guide for how to create a QR code for Google reviews:
- Access your Google Business profile – Sign in to your Gmail and go to your Google Business profile. Be sure to confirm that your business status is verified, as only verified businesses can actively manage their digital presence on Google.
- Get your review link – Within your profile, click on your 'Business' name. Then, copy the link that directs to your Google reviews. This unique URL will be associated with the QR code, enabling it to direct customers straight to your feedback page, simplifying their journey.
- Use a QR code generator – Convert your link into a scannable QR code. Use one of the top options, including Beaconstac, QR-Code-generator.com, QR Code Monkey and Scanova. All of these platforms make it fast and easy to create a QR code.
- Embed your link – Once you have opened up the QR code generator, paste the review link from Step 2 into the intended field. This ensures the QR code, when scanned, will guide users to your review platform.
- Create your QR code – Click 'Generate' or 'Create'. Within moments, you'll have a scannable image ready that customers will be able to scan to go to your review page.
- Download the QR code – Once formed, it's essential to secure the QR code for later usage. Downloading or saving it ensures you’ll have a high-quality version on hand for whatever marketing application you settle on.
- Display your QR code – Integrate the QR code across all of your marketing materials. Whether it's printed on promotional materials or showcased on your website's landing page, its presence can act as a prompt for feedback.
- Inform your customers – Actively communicate the presence and purpose of the QR code to your audience. A simple nudge—either in-person or through digital channels—can remind customers of the ease with which they can share their experiences.
- Reward reviews – To bolster the chances of receiving feedback, consider offering incentives for customers who follow the QR code and leave a review. Whether it's a discount on their next purchase, entry into a monthly draw or even a small freebie, a tangible reward can motivate many to share their experiences who might otherwise ignore the QR code.
Harnessing the Power of QR and SMS
Beyond QR codes, there are diverse strategies to boost Google reviews. One notable method is SMS outreach.
SMS is direct, personal and boasts staggering open and response rates—98% and 45% respectively. For context, even email, often lauded as a powerful marketing tool, trails significantly with open and response rates of just 20% and 6%.
SMS prompts can automatically encourage customers to share their experiences. And, the synergy doesn't end there. QR codes can dovetail with this approach by serving as an easy opt-in mechanism for your SMS list.
Imagine a customer scanning a QR code and, within moments, joining your SMS list. This seamless integration of QR and SMS not only facilitates feedback collection but also enriches customer engagement. By utilizing both avenues, businesses can foster a stronger, more interactive bond with their audience, making every review and message count.
Using QR Codes with Textedly
QR codes, with their frictionless tech, act as virtual shortcuts—taking customers straight to feedback platforms. Their ubiquity means anyone with a smartphone can share their experience in real time.And if you want to get the most out of your digital strategy, pairing QR codes with SMS empowers your businesses to achieve a marketing synergy that facilitates not just feedback collection, but also deepens customer engagement.
For that, Textedly is the world’s premier SMS platform. Ready to revolutionize your digital outreach? Sign up today for a free 14-day trial.