It’s no secret that customer feedback is everything when it comes to improving your business and supercharging your marketing strategies. Research has shown that positive reviews can help you earn the trust of consumers, skyrocket conversion rates and bump up your Google rankings.
There are a lot of options for reaching out to customers to get their feedback, including SMS. Below, we walk you through the different types of review requests you can solicit through SMS and provide a variety of customer feedback text message samples.
Sending a Review Request via SMS
SMS is the ideal mechanism for getting customer feedback. Why? Simply put, most people have their phones on them nearly every minute of the day. According to the Pew Research Center, 96% of U.S. consumers own a cellphone, and 81% own a smartphone.
What’s more, text messaging is the most popular smartphone feature. People are much more likely to read and respond to text messages – the average open rate for SMS is 98%, whereas email only sees a 20% open rate.
Sending a review request via SMS makes it quick and painless for customers to click on a link and answer a few questions, meaning you’ll be more likely to get consistent, valuable feedback.
6 Customer Feedback Text Message Samples
There are many ways to send a review request via SMS. Some of the most popular forms of customer feedback that are perfect for text include:
NPS, or Net Promoter Score, is a widely used metric for evaluating customer experiences. The typical format for NPS surveys includes two questions: From a scale of 0-10, with 10 being the highest, how do you rate the business, product or service? Why did you answer the way you did?
Here’s a template for asking customers to participate:
- “Thank you for your business, CJ! We value your opinions and would love to hear about your experience. Follow this link to fill out a short, 2-question survey.”
Google reviews can improve SEO rankings, helping you promote your business and earn more customers. It’s also super easy for most consumers to leave you a review, since they’re usually already logged into a Google account. To make the ask, send something along the lines of:
- “Hi Patrick, thanks for stopping in today! Do you have a minute to leave us a Google review about your experience? Just click here: (link). We appreciate you!”
Similarly, Facebook reviews can instill trust in potential customers and win you new business. Rack up an impressive number of positive ratings by sending customers this type of message:
- “Thanks for choosing our product, Brad! We’d love to hear what you think – can you take a moment to leave us a review on our Facebook page? (include link)”
Product Review on Website
Product reviews are essential for any business that sells products or services online. Use the following templates to solicit glowing reviews that will help you increase sales:
- “Hi Dale, we appreciate your business and want to know what you think! Can you take a minute to review our product by clicking here? Thanks in advance for your help!”
- “Moe, thanks for purchasing our product! We’re always working hard to improve – can you let us know what you think? Just click here to give us your feedback. Thank you!”
Review Location Visit
If you’re in the retail or restaurant business or offer any kind of in-person experience, it’s a good idea to ask customers to review your location. Even if visitors don’t purchase anything, they can still have valuable insights to share. Use this template:
- “Hello Nate, thanks for your recent visit! We’re always looking for ways to improve our in-store experience – would you mind taking a minute to leave your feedback? Just click here to review. Thanks!”
Review Customer Service Experience
Great customer service can win you fans for life. Find out how you’re doing and how you can improve by asking customers what they think with the following template. Just be sure to ask as soon as possible after they’ve interacted with your business so the experience is still fresh.
- “Joyce, thanks for shopping with us! We value customer service and want to know how we did. Can you spare a minute to click on this link and answer one question about your experience?”
“Would you recommend us to a friend?”
People love to recommend products and services to a friend, and only the best get passed along by word of mouth. Find out whether your business makes the cut by sending the following customer feedback text message:
- “Christine, we appreciate your business! We’re always looking to improve and have just one simple question for you: Would you recommend us to a friend? Answer at this link.”
Use Textedly to Gather Valuable Customer Feedback
Whatever format you choose for sending a review request via SMS, make sure to keep messages and surveys short – you don’t want to make customers work too hard. It’s also a good idea to send a thank-you message when a customer submits a review.
With features such as personalization, SMS surveys and more, SMS marketing platforms like Textedly make it easy to get those rave customer reviews that can boost your sales and help you improve. Ready to get started? Sign up for a free Textedly trial today!